The personal action plan was created at one of our events. Whilst there is only so much the individual can do, nevertheless many of these actions can make a considerable difference if enough people carry them out.
Personal action plan for sustainable living.
- Switch to a renewable energy provider such as Good Energy or Ecotricity.
- Reduce meat eating, which has a great climate impact.
- Buy local produce & organic where possible – West Ealing Farmers Market, Organic for the People, Northfields Organic, As Nature Intended.
- Bank with an ethical bank; save & invest in a sustainable future – Triodos Bank, Ethex, Abundance, Energy 4 All, Cooperative Bank.
- Check pension fund, savings and investments are ethical and positive – ShareAction, People & Planet.
- Reduce energy use, drive less, walk more, turn down heating and insulate.
- Re-use, share, repair, donate & recycle – Nextdoor, FreeCycle, Trash Nothing.
- Contribute to local community groups who are strengthening the local community – Ealing Transition, Southall Transition, ETI Community Garden, West Ealing Neighbours, Ealing Extinction Rebellion.
- Support campaigns for sustainable living – Ealing Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace, World Wildlife Fund, 350.org.
- Make a unique contribution drawing on personal interests and skills.
Share this with a friend!