Ealing Transition Initiative has its very own Book Club, formed by members from across Ealing’s community. We meet monthly to discuss, debate and understand issues raised in the books we decide to explore.
Our usual procedure is for two or three volunteers to summarize the chapters we are reading and start the discussion at the meeting. Our Google site is here:
Previous books we’ve read:
- Rob Hopkins: The Transition Handbook
- Tamzin Pinkerton and Rob Hopkins: Local Food: How to make it happen in your community
- David Abram: The Spell of the Sensuous
- E F Schumacher: Small is Beautiful
- Sustainable Development Commission: Prosperity without Growth
- Helena Norberg-Hodge: Ancient Futures – Learning from Ladakh
- Colin Tudge : Feeding People is Easy
- Stephan Harding : Animate Earth Science, Intuition and Gaia
- Marian Van Eyk McCain : Downshifting
- Mark Lynas :The God Species
- Happiness : The Science Behind the Smile by Daniel Nettle.
- The New Economics by Doyle and Simms.
- Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed” by Vandana Shiva.
- A Wiser Politics by Jean Hardy.